Why does Ram Gopal Varma Hate Michael Jackson?

Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Controversial Indian filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma says he hates pop legend Michael Jackson for dying and making him realise that he was only a human being."I hate Michael Jackson. I hate him for dying and making me realise that he is just a human being. I hate that he too has to breathe to live. I hate that he too has a heart which can stop like anybody else's," Varma posted on his new blog www.rgvzoomin.com.

"I truly truly hate Michael Jackson for becoming a grim reality from a fantastic fantasy," he added.

Just as the world was taken aback with the news of Jackson's death Thursday following a cardiac arrest at his home in Los Angeles, so was Varma, for whom the King of Pop was like someone from outer space.

Varma, who has made films like "Satya", "Company", "Sarkar" and "Sarkar Raj", narrated how he was introduced to Jackson's unique music and dance style during his college days.

"When I was in college in Vijayawada, a friend of mine took me to a video parlour to show Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'. Being constantly fed on a staple diet of Telugu and Hindi songs, I was startled to see the unimaginably high standards of picturisation, choreography and above all I was awe-struck by the sheer personality of Michael Jackson," he wrote.

"I walked out of the parlour in a daze thinking that he cannot be a real person and he has to be some fantasy who somehow has taken a human shape," added Varma.

The filmmaker, who attended Jackson's 1996 concert in Mumbai along with actors Sanjay Dutt and Salman Khan, says it wasn't just the legend's "dancing or his singing or even his music, but the sheer power of his presence and the aura around him that swept me away".

"On stage Michael Jackson looked like some being who has come from some other world in outer space as a favour to entertain us for a little while...For me in my mind he was like a creation of god or whatever that thing which creates when in a very special mood as a very very special gift to mankind," he concluded.

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz