Not many people know that I'm Computer engineer..Payal Rohatgi

Wednesday, June 24, 2009



The latest addition to the celeb blogger list is Payal Rohatgi who has decided to connect with her fans on a serious note. Here's what she has to say:

Not many people know that I grew up in Ahmedabad to become a computer engineer and had very close-knit friends with whom I shared a great bond. We used to go for movies, picnics, farmhouse parties - occasionally. We were a group of five out of which three were girls and two were guys.

There was this girl with whom I used to discuss my girly secrets, my passions, desires and ambitions. She was my “best college friend". Her dad had a reputed small scale industry and so she had the opportunity to visit various places all over the world. I guess that is what made her bold and stylish. She was always kicked about trying out new things. But she was a very nice human being and her name was Prieti.

One day in one of our farmhouse parties, I saw Prieti doing something with a powder kind of stuff which she offered me also. But something stopped me and I did not give in to the peer pressure, though I saw some of my other friends doing it and enjoying the party.

Well, my conscience was pinching me to speak to my Prieti and ask her what was she up to, but as the party was on I left it for the moment. Later, as days went by, we rarely saw each other and I got to know from my mom that her health had been deteriorating.

Finally her family and mine decided to do something about the situation. We confronted Prieti one day and that is when she told us that she was into ‘Brown Sugar’.

I was amazed, as all along I was using ‘Brown Sugar’ to bake my cakes! Silly me, I then gathered that the ‘Brown Sugar’ Prieti was talking about was a drug.

After which her family decided to get Prieti proper medical treatment and sent her to a rehab centre. Prieti did return from rehab but I saw her condition had worsened.

She used to visit my house frequently but there was something now missing, she was not the old Prieti I knew. I felt very sad and at the same time helpless that I could not do anything. She had even started asking me for money to do drugs. Well, all of a sudden one day I got to know that she had died.It’s been years that Prieti has gone but I still cherish the moments I spent with her during my teen years as she was just another nice human being like you and me.

From then on, I always do something, when I know there is a drug addict to help. It’s been five to six years that I have been supporting this cause in my own way.

I have recently started spending time with recovering addicts. It gives me immense pleasure and fills me with positive energy to be with these people. I can see Prieti in every addict and only one thing comes to my mind, that I should save them.

Of late, I have got to know this place called ‘Jeevan Dhaara’, which is a charity organization that helps addicts. I go there once or twice a month.

Just in case you guys are wondering what is the reason I am writing this, well, June 26 is ‘World Anti-Drugs Day’ and I wish to spread the message that everyone should stand up for this cause and help people get over their addiction and spread love, compassion and hope for a new life.

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz