Dia Mirza dying to Have kids

Sunday, June 28, 2009


Dia Mirza’s career graph may not be as fascinating as many of her contemporaries’, but the actress maintains commercial success is hardly of any consequence. “What is commercial success? I left home at 17 and came to Mumbai. By 21, I bought an apartment of my own and started living independently. My ambition is to excel in what I do and not to compete with others,” she says.

The actress, who was in the Capital to promote her upcoming film Kisaan, says she is “appalled that Indian films are scarcely based on real situations, unlike Iranian or Korean cinema.”

Having earlier worked with Salman in Tumko Naa Bhool Payenge and recently with Arbaaz and Sohail in Fight Club and Kisaan, she reveals the secret behind her thick bond with the Khans. “The first phone call I got from the film industry after I won the Ms India title was from Sohail. He called my mom in Hyderabad, who thought it was a crank call and hung up!” she laughs.

The actress, who is “not seeing anybody since I feel it is important to love yourself before you are ready to share your space with anyone else,” does confess that she’s dying to have kids.

“I am dying to have kids...I really love them.”As for when she is not shooting, the actress occupies herself with “painting, writing, pottery and horse riding.”

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz