Sharmila Tagore, on shooting with Daughter Soha Ali Khan

Wednesday, June 10, 2009


Sharmila Tagore is just back in New Delhi after shooting in London with her daughter Soha for new director Sangeeta Dutta's Life Goes On.

This is the first time that the maa-beti will be seen together on screen. Though she enjoyed working in the film, both thoroughly missed the doyen of Bengali cinema Soumitra Chatterjee who was supposed to play the lead.More than me (I've worked with Soumitra), it was Soha who missed him. She kept saying, 'If I can't work with Satyajit Ray at least, I can work with his favourite actor. But then Soumitra fell ill. And so Girish Karnad was brought in."

'Ceased to be a mom'

Soha plays Sharmila's youngest daughter, who falls in love with a Muslim. Sharmila continues, "We have one or two important scenes together. One major sequence with her was never shot because of my visit to Cannes.

When I faced the camera with Soha, I ceased to be a mother. We were two actresses playing mother and daughter. The girls playing my two other daughters were from theatre, but Soha managed beautifully."

The film is about a man (Girish Karnad), his deceased wife (Tagore) and three daughters, "I play the dead wife. My scenes recur through flashbacks. It's a very nice subject. But there were compro- mises as it's a small-budget film."

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz