Kareena Kapoor doesn’t want to die

Saturday, October 24, 2009


Kareena Kapoor has refused to play the role of Jessica Lal in Aamir director Rajkumar Gupta’s No One Killed Jessica, based on the murdered model’s life.Kareena said, ‘I am looking forward to doing roles that I connect with. Kurbaan, for instance, has a socio-political theme and is about what is happening in the world today. It is relevant and I connected with it.’ When asked about the kind of roles she wants to do, she replied, ‘I want to work with off-beat directors like Sudhir Mishra, Rajkumar Gupta and Dibakar Banerjee but my role has to be meaty. I don’t want to be just a beautiful and glamourous doll. I don’t have to do a small role in an offbeat film just to prove I can act. I am looking for a serious challenge and a title role in an offbeat film, like I have had in Chameli, Omkara and Dev.’

And Kurbaan and 3 Idiots were challenging in different ways. ‘They will take me beyond whatever I have done and achieved so far.’She is currently absorbed in KJo’s remake of Stepmom. ‘This is an important and challenging role for me because I am sharing space with Kajol, who is a spectacular actress. I have to make sure my performance is up to the mark. I also have the responsibility of essaying Julia Roberts’ character to perfection, which is why I attended some acting workshops.My character is a contemporary and urban girl. I am so absorbed in this movie that I haven’t got time to think about anything else, not even Saif’s Agent Vinod, which is like an in-house film for me.’Main aurr Mrs. Khanna has proved to be a debacle.

When asked about it, she said, ‘I did the film for emotional reasons. Karisma and Salman have been buddies and co-stars. She asked me to do it and I couldn’t say no.’

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz