Saif’s mom gave Kaminey ‘A’ due to Shahid?

Thursday, November 19, 2009


Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan says it is “ridiculous” to think that his mother and censor board chief Sharmila Tagore gave an ‘adult’ rating to Kaminey because it starred Shahid Kapoor.”It is ridiculous to state that anyone had any personal bias against Kaminey,” said Saif even as his own movie Kurbaan is about to release Friday with an ‘A’ certificate.”I know for sure that my mother is a great authority when it comes to the censors. My own Kurbaan has got an ‘A’ certificate and I know where she is coming from.”

It was insinuated that Vishal Bharadwaj’s Kaminey was given an ‘A’ rating – restricting viewership – as its lead actor Shahid was once in a relationship with Saif’s girlfriend Kareena Kapoor.But Saif said, “Any talk of personal enmity are completely fictional. I don’t even know the actual people involved who spread such rumours and frankly I don’t care. Such things don’t even enter my radar.”"It’s really rubbish if some people feel so. Kurbaan getting an ‘A’ certificate is hardly a fitting reply.

It’s a sad state of affairs when people start speculating about everything and anything. As someone who has been part of the industry for long, I don’t take such things seriously,” said Saif. As for Kaminey, he said, “I think Vishal (Bharadwaj) is a wonderful filmmaker and I liked everyone’s performance in the film.” Saif himself came up with an award-winning act of Langda Tyagi in Bharadwaj’s Omkara.

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz