Nostalgia Runs high on the Sets of Saat Phere

Friday, May 15, 2009

The popular soap Saat Phere (ZEE TV) is coming to an end on May 22. One of the most successful shows that rode on its high voltage of sentiments and brilliant performances, viewers will miss it for sure. Here are some of the actors speaking on the journey.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEilcuYFsQazmc3-uk6kaE7Zw3niTVP72krxcOb46vjNHhVujM_CkHR1IioAqEzjatTpxU9FfzdGHbABvouKjc2AxhUN8PGZdV3NWYL4zxB79jX_SK2_bfe1SGhrEeJyFClRMFVycK5PsMew/s320/saat.jpg

Rajshri Thakur

Q. You had been associated with Saat Phere for a long time. Tell us how you feel with the soap coming to an end?
A. Well I have a very mixed feeling because we have been doing this show for four years now, and it is like a family for us. So on one hand, I am going to miss everybody and but on the other hand, the show is going off air gracefully. If there is a beginning, there also has to be an end. I am glad that the show has retained its popularity throughout all these years and the channels and creative heads are going to give a grand end to it.
Q. Was it the right time for the show to end?
A. I am nobody to make or say anything like this because it’s the channels and the producers who decide and as an actor I have the right to comment regarding this.
Q. Which one incident happening on the sets of this long running show would you always remember?
A. Well there are many. I cannot recall ant specific moment, but yes when Saloni got married, my family had to cry, but we were out of glycerin. But then too they were literally crying in because they thought that Rajshri was not going to shoot with them anymore.
Q. What would you like to say to Saat Phere and your fans?
A. I would like to thank the audience for encouraging me as an actor from my first show itself and definitely I would also thank my cast & crew and unit members who have been so supportive.


Sharad Kelkar

Q. So, the soap is going off-air. What’s your feeling?
A. I am feeling very sad about it. Though for some time I was not a part of it, but still I have worked for around almost three and a half years. So the attachment was there and obviously I have seen the show growing. It was very close to my heart.

Q. Was it the right time for the show to end?
A. That depends on the channel and the producers. It is about their mutual decision so I cannot comment. Obviously as an actor, I will never want the show to end. I use to spend more of my time on the sets than my house.

Q. Which one incident happening on the sets of this long running show would you always remember?
A. There are lots of moments. But I still remember the day when we got our first award (Indian Telly Awards). The whole team went with Ashwini Yardi, who was the channel head and Sanjay Wadhwa on the stage. Shilpa Shetty gave us the award. That was the day we felt very proud of our show. It was the award for the best show and that was the most memorable day of my life.
Q. What would you like to say to your fans?
A. I would like to thank my fans for appreciating me. I would also like to thank Sanjay Wadhwa and Comall for giving me an opportunity to work with them. I would also like to thank Zee for trusting me. I will be going on the sets of Saat Phere for the farewell.


Ashish Kapoor

Q. Tell us something about your association with the soap.
A. I feel bad as every show comes with an expiry date and you can’t stretch it beyond that point. As an actor you are aware that nothing is permanent, everything is temporary. When you get associated with something for quite sometime it seems like a family, so it’s tough to part ways.

Q. Was it the right time for the show to end?
A. That’s not my call. As an actor if I signed a contract, my job is to go there and do my part. It becomes difficult for the creative team to add on new elements, and 200 episodes in a year is quite a good achievement.

Q. Which one incident happening on the sets of this long running show would you always remember?
A. The maid molestation part. The whole show was very enjoyable and I have made many new friends.

Q. What would you like to say to the Saat Phere and your fans?
A. Thanks for supporting us for such long. And I hope we will all work together with the same cast and crew again in the future.


Surekha Sikri

Q. You had been associated with Saat Phere for a long time. Tell us how you feel with the soap coming to an end?
A. I wish it had carried on but we can’t do much about these things.

Q. Was it the right time for the show to end?
A. Can’t comment…

Q. Any special incident you will never forget…
A. No such incident which I remember as the show had a nice bunch of actors.

Q. What would you like to say to your fans?
A. I hope that another good show comes up and the fans should keep watching the show.

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz