I am almost half Tamil: Amitabh Bachchan

Monday, December 7, 2009


Amitabh Bachchan remarks hat he has strong ties with the southern film industry too. “I am almost half Tamil,” says the veteran. “I may be from the city of Mumbai, but I am also a product of south India.” The actor was in the city recently for the special screening of his latest release Paa, in which he plays an intelligent, witty, happy-go-lucky, 13-year-old progeria afflicted child – a rare genetic disorder in which a person ages faster than normal. “I know that people here want me to act in a Tamil film.

But Paa is nothing short of a Tamil film. As you all know, the director of the film R Balki, music director Ilaiyaraaja, cinematographer PC Sreeram and actress Vidya Balan, all hail from the state. Working with them was a great honour,” he says.The Big B seems to have great admiration for the film industry here. “It’s always a pleasure to come to Chennai. I admire the culture and discipline here, which I am sorry to say, is not prevalent in Mumbai. The amount of creativity and freshness that the south Indian artistes and technicians bring to film making is commendable. People here are highly progressive. ”

The actor also heaps praise on music maestro Ilaiyaraaja and legendary cinematographer PC Sreeram. “I am a great admirer of Ilaiyaraaja. He is a genius and I am fortunate to have worked with him. And what can I say about PC Sreeram? There may be many south Indian cameramen and technicians working in Bollywood today, but I consider PC Sreeram as the Gangotri from which talented cinematographers emerge.”

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz