Rekha to reveal all in book, Film on her life

Wednesday, August 5, 2009


In the reclusive silence of Bungalow 2 at Bandra's Bandstand, Rekha has been quietly penning her memories of the last 50 years. But instead of just bringing out a book, the diva now intends to make a film out of
Not only is Rekha penning her memoirs, she plans to make a film from it soon.

"Yes, I have been picking up the pieces of my life from the memories of the past," says the actress. "I have been carefully going back in time to identify every person who has shaped my life and made me realise that I am a product of love. The most important person, of course, is my mother, who couldn't have given me more love."

Prod her about when she intends to publish the book and the actress reveals that she has other plans up her sleeve. She wants to take the help of the "visual medium", too.

"I want to share the experiences of my life and want to thank all those people who made me who I am today," she says. "What I am doing cannot be expressed in such few words. I want to express my gratitude with visuals as well as with words. Though I feel no words are enough to describe the people who have influenced and shaped my life, yet I will take a shot at it."

She doesn't want to reveal much right now. "I am working towards making a formal announcement on the project very soon," she says. "I think I should be ready with my final plans in a couple of months."

Does she really hate getting lifetime achievement awards? "Let me tell you, I never had any problem with the award that was given to me by the Maharashtra government," she clarifies. "Please refer to the speech I gave on the occasion. It is always an honour.

"I never said I will not receive the award. The award was named after Raj Kapoor, who was a father figure to me. I just told them that it is a better idea to name it the Raj Kapoor Award and not add any suffix to it. It was just an idea I gave. I have accepted lifetime achievement awards before... from Ficci, from the South. So, what's the hullabaloo about?"

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz