I hardly have time for a Love life: Vir Das

Monday, May 18, 2009


I auditioned for it five to six times and finally bagged the part. I was shooting for Imtiaz’s film Love


Aaj Kal in London, when I got the news that I had clinched the Delhi Belly deal. The auditioning process was very detailed. Though I had to go through different rounds, it was fun. Abhinay Deo, who is making his directorial debut with this film, played an essential part in the selection. And I’m sure that even Aamir Khan saw my audition tapes.

That sure must have been a huge high for you...
I’m a guy who cracks jokes for a living. I trained as an actor for four years. I was into serious acting till I got sick of it and ventured into stand-up comedy. It gave me a sense of freedom. I never wanted to come back to acting but for some scripts which caught my notice. The best part is, today, there are openings for guys like me, who aren’t conventional hero material with Greek God looks.

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz