I deserved an award for all my Films'Hema Malini

Monday, May 18, 2009


hough rumour mills are abuzz with talks about Hema Malini offering Sridevi a role in her forthcoming film, she rubbishes this piece of news. "Why should I offer her a film?
I just don't see any logic to it. Someone has circulated this rumour thinking that I might re-launch Boney's wife considering that he launched my daughter (Esha). I haven't met her for two years," she says.

The perennial dream girl of tinsel town has almost finished a film on Vijayaraje Scindia's biopic. "I have met the royal family and they have given us tremendous support. The film is looking great and I am keeping my fingers crossed," says Hema. The mere mention of her daughters gets Hema excited. About Esha's disappearance from the scene, she says, "She is just taking her time. She is considering a few projects."

Apparently, Hema has been busy hunting a groom for her daughter. "I think every mother wants their daughters to get married to a nice guy. If I want the same as a mother, what's wrong in that?" she asks. About her other daughter Ahana, she says, "She is the most camera-shy among the three of us. Now, she's busy with her own fashion collection and she might be designing for Esha, probably for all her future films."
Hema is happy that her film Seeta Aur Geeta has been made into a TV show, a first of its kind in India. "I am happy that it hasn't been remade into a movie. Considering the controversies all the remakes have generated, for example Sholay, I think a TV show is a better option," she says.

When asked about her comments on Anjori Alagh, who is essaying her role in the TV show, Hema says, "So far whatever I have seen, she seems nice. I am sure if the producers are attempting the remake, they are sure of their lead too."Does she intend to comeback to the small screen? "I don't think I can bear small screen. When I worked in Kamini Damini, I realized the hard work behind TV shows and I quit. Everyday one has to go through grueling shooting schedules. In fact, whenever I watch any serial, I feel bad for the actors since I have experienced the working style," she says.

Lastly though she has been one of the most popular actors of Hindi cinema, Seeta Aur Geeta is the only movie for which she won the Best Actress award. Which other performance of hers does she think deserved an award? "I am proud of all my performance and I think I deserved awards for all my films," she ends.

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © BwNewz